With online business running at an all-time high, there are many people out there, like you, trying to learn to build your own website for free. In this little tutorial, I’m going to show you, step-by-step, how to build your very own website. We’ll accomplish this by using my personal approach, which is extremely easy and will take less than one minute to do. The great thing about it is that no matter what your experience level on the subject, anyone can do this.
If you’ve ever tried to make a website the traditional way, you know it can be very confusing as well as expensive, especially for beginners. Let’s take a look at some of more common methods and the issues with them:
1. There are a lot of places to buy a domain/hosting. An example would be Godaddy.com. If you didn’t know already, a domain is basically the name you are giving your website. If you want to own that certain name, you’ll have to buy the name first. When we talk about hosting, it is a service that will allow your website to show up on the internet. You will need both a domain and hosting in order to have a functioning website.
For a domain name, you will look at paying about $10/yr or more depending on who you go through. Hosting will usually cost you anywhere between $1 to $10/mo. While this might not seem very expensive, for a newcomer the setting up of the website is where the problems usually start. The fact is, there can be quite the learning curve for this kind of stuff.
2. There are other places that you can actually get free sites from. They might have their pros, but at the same time they also have their downsides. People who are uneducated on the subject are usually lured in to use their service where some of the other alternatives pretty much just own your site. I will always recommend to you that you have 100% control of your website!
3. You can decide to hire a ‘professional’ to build a website for you. Out of all these methods, this is the one I least recommend. It is not uncommon for a web designer to charge you $100’s, perhaps even $1,000’s, for the service they offer. With the tools that are available out there, you can do everything they can on your own all while getting the same results without having to pay nearly as much.
These are just a few methods, and sure there are other ways, but I think you will prefer my method. You are probably asking, “why?” First off, it costs nothing. Second, you can have your own website up and running, this includes the domain and hosting, in under a minute. You can forget about all the other headaches and unnecessary red tape those other methods will cause. So, now that we’ve got all of that out of the way, let’s get down to business! 🙂
See how I build my own websites:
I use a free website builder called Site Rubix. Site Rubix allows you to make 2 websites through it. Hand down, this program is not one the easiest, but by far the best program I’ve ever used for building a website. With Site Rubix, you will end up with a website that ranks and functions just as well, if not better, than a paid one.
One of the benefits is that it uses WordPress, which is the most popular website platform in the world. If you aren’t familiar with WordPress, their websites are easy to work with, search engine friendly, and give you a limitless ability to customize them however you see fit. In most cases, you would have to manually install WordPress to your website, but with Site Rubix, it’s already there!
To bring it all together, Site Rubix takes away most of the hassle involved in creating websites. Many of those hassles I have mentioned above. So really it comes down to 4 basic steps:
- Name your website
- Give your site a title
- Pick a nice theme for it. A Theme is just the way your website can look once it’s up and running.
- Click the build button and you’re finished!
I’ll post a video here to show exactly how it works. Yes, the video is more than a minute long. But if you take all the instructions out of the video then this process takes less than a minute to do! 🙂
Site Rubix tutorial and how to use it:
Let’s start building your website right here:
To get started, all you will need to do is enter whatever name you want for your new website below. If that name is available, click the blue button: Build it Now. If it’s not available, you’re going to have to try some new names till you find one you want that is available. After you have clicked the blue button, the rest of the process is simple and very fast. Go ahead and try it out:
What are the benefits of using Site Rubix:
- It’s totally free
- It includes hosting
- You will get 2 free websites
- The site you create will work and rank just as well as the paid ones
- Training on how to monetize your site is included
- Extremely simple to use
- Takes you less than one minute to create a website
One thing to note:
In order to be able to do any of this, you will need to sign up to Site Rubix. Don’t worry, there is no personal info needed to do that. You will just need to enter your full name, your email, choose a username and password, then you’ll be ready to go. Once your website is built, you will automatically be given the link to it. You will also be given the link to the administrator area where you will be able to edit and change you website.
Off on the horizon…Is there a plan for your new website?
- If there is, go ahead and use Site Rubix anyway you want.
- If your plan includes a hobby or business idea, you can definitely use this Site Rubix for your endeavors! If you new to the whole thing and need help with starting an online business, then I strongly recommend my Getting Started tutorial.
- If you don’t have a plan yet, just want to experiment, or if you would like to know how to monetize your new website, then that’s ok too! I’ll tell you why:
- If you sign up with Site Rubix you will also be given free access to Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is a total package website that teaches you the A-Z’s of making successful websites and online marketing. Site Rubix actually spawned from Wealthy Affiliate!
- Once you have created your website, you will be given access to the top notch training from Wealthy Affiliate. One thing, if you do decide to that you want to try the training, pretty please do me a single favor and complete your account setup! This is a really important step that even I didn’t do at the beginning, and it makes all the difference in your Wealthy Affiliate experience. Not will it better help me to understand what your goals are and allow me to personally be able to help you achieve them, but it will also get you integrated with the wonderful community they have there.
I recommend that you utilize the 2 free websites along with the training that is offered in order make the most out of Site Rubix. If you decided not to try out the training, the websites you make there are completely yours no matter what. So at the very least, I would recommend you try to build your own website with this program just so you can see how it works and understand what you can do with it. It really is extremely simple.
If you have any comments or questions about any of this, please feel free to let me know in the comments below. I will be more than happy to help you out! 🙂